City of Berkeley Mental Health
BLACK HISTORY MONTH 2016
Living in the Shadows: Demystifying the Myth of the Singular Black Woman
“Understanding and Learning from Black Women of the African Diaspora”
Wednesday, February 10, 2016
8:30 a.m. — 4:30 p.m.
(Registration and Morning Refreshments – 8:30 am – 9:00 am
Goal: To provide participants with awareness, knowledge and effective engagement strategies and techniques in order to enhance services for Black Women.
Presentations and Panels:
- The Diaspora Connection and Wellness
- Relationships, Love and Health
- Colorism, Racism and Trauma
- Black Beauty and the Side Effects of Stress
- Education, Economics and Self-Care